The institute of further education and development (ifw) is a central scientific body of the Catholic University of Applied Sciences Mainz (CUAS Mainz). Our programme is aimed at specialist and executive personnel with a degree or certificate of higher education in the fields of social work, healthcare and nursing, or in the education sector. A top professor, a lecturer and two administrative staff work full-time at the institute. Furthermore, the professors of CUAS Mainz and proven experts also work as tutors, trainers and course leaders. We send our annual training programme to institutions and individuals nationwide.
Our seminars have a scientific basis whilst also being practice-oriented, and enjoy a good response on the employment market. Our participants profit from the university-specific interlinking of science, research and practice. The training courses take place on a day release-basis in a range of learning settings: Individual courses, seminars in modules, long-term training and study courses.
• We determine further training and development requirements in close contact with the practical fields.
• We are constantly developing up-to-date and innovative concepts in the respective focal areas.
• We work to ensure that scientific progress can be utilised within the training programmes.
• We undertake to employ qualified didactics and methodology. The concepts developed are implemented in accordance with the rules of adult education (participant and experience-oriented, action relevant, reflection and development promoting).
• At the same time, we promote specialist competence, personal competence and action competence.
• We address the significance of Christian values and the special nature of ecclesiastical and charitable organisations.
• We evaluate our training seminars on an ongoing basis.