Would you like to work as a teacher in further or continued education and contribute to ensuring a sufficiency of qualified young people in the health and welfare professions in the future? This Master's degree will optimally prepare you for this. It builds on the Bachelor's degree in Healthcare and Nursing with the elective subject of education. You can gain broader, more in-depth knowledge and - not least - further your personal development. The degree programme also opens up the opportunity of studying for a doctorate later on.
Quick facts about the course
• You will obtain the academic Master of Arts degree (M.A.).
• This is a modular course.
• The lessons are usually offered during lecture times from Wednesday to Friday and occasionally on Saturdays, or as a block.
• The standard course length is four semesters.
• A total of 120 credit points are earned through the course.
• We do not require you to pay tuition fees. As with any university, you only pay a semester fee for your semester ticket and other services. This fee currently stands at 320 euros. You may receive a refund for part of the fee under certain conditions.
• The course is offered annually, commencing in the summer semester.
What awaits you
Building on the knowledge you acquired in the Bachelor's degree, the course programme opens up further areas of educational science, including special research concepts and the entire field of school development. You will also learn more about ethical, psychological-social science, legal and health science aspects. To enhance the practical relevance, an internship is an element of the degree course after the second semester.
What you should bring with you
You should know beforehand: We are a cosmopolitan university and we welcome people of all religions as well as those of no religious denomination. Vital is that you share our humanistic values. To qualify for this degree programme, you should also satisfy a number of formal requirements:
• You have successfully completed the Bachelor's degree in Healthcare and Nursing with the elective topic of Education at our university, or you have gained a comparable degree.
• You have also completed training in nursing, physiotherapy or speech therapy.