Are you a speech therapist, physiotherapist or nurse with a Bachelor's degree who wishes to further specialise - for example to take on a management position or to study for a doctorate? This Master's programme opens up a wide range of options to you in this regard. It ties in with the Bachelor's degree in Healthcare and Nursing with the elective area of Research and Practice. You can gain broader, more in-depth knowledge and - not least - further your personal development.
Quick facts about the course
• You will obtain the academic Master of Arts degree (M.A.).
• This is a modular course.
• The lessons are usually offered during lecture times from Wednesday to Friday and occasionally on Saturdays, or as a block.
• The standard course length is four semesters.
• A total of 120 credit points are earned through the course.
• We do not require you to pay tuition fees. As with any university, you only pay a semester fee for your semester ticket and other services. This fee currently stands at 320 euros. You may receive a refund for part of the fee under certain conditions.
• The course is offered annually, commencing in the summer semester.
What awaits you
Building on the knowledge you acquired in the Bachelor's degree, the course programme opens up further areas of specialisation in your professional field. The exchange between the different disciplines gives you a new perspective on your own work and on the health care system.
• Speech therapy: You will have the opportunity to specialise in different speech therapy disciplines, allowing you to conduct specialised therapies. You will be guided on how to develop new interventions and you will learn to translate research findings into practical concepts. The course is complemented by an empirical project or experimental intervention.
• Psychiatric care: You will acquire the knowledge required to offer extended interventions to people in need of care. Later on, you will be able to work in special psychiatric care settings, for example in gerontological psychiatry or in paediatric and adolescent psychiatry. You will become familiar with different therapeutic methods in groups and through individual work. A special focus of the programme lies on interface management between inpatient, day patient and outpatient psychiatric care.
• Physiotherapy: Here you can specialise in different disciplines and therapies. The programme looks in detail at physiotherapeutic aspects of paediatrics and geriatrics. Furthermore, you will be guided on how to develop new interventions and you will learn to translate research findings into practical concepts.
What you should bring with you
You should know beforehand: We are a cosmopolitan university and we welcome people of all religions as well as those of no religious denomination. Vital is that you share our humanistic values. To qualify for this degree programme, you should also satisfy a number of formal requirements:
• You have successfully completed the Bachelor's degree in Healthcare and Nursing with the elective topic of Research and Practice (formerly Clinical Expertise) at our university, or you have gained a comparable degree.
•You have also completed training in nursing, physiotherapy or speech therapy.
|Modul plan Master's degree in Research and Practice in Healthcare and Nursing||download|
| Sabine Diefenbach, Diplom Pflegepädagogin, Weiterbildung im Bereich Bildungsberatung & Kompetenzentwicklung, Fortbildung Prüfungs- und Auftrittscoaching PAC®
Studienberatung Gesundheit und Pflege - Schwerpunkt Pflege
+49 6131 28944-231/230